Skip to main content

More about herbs

Photo: Cobblers Peg

Climbing out of the weed patch at last, I found I had to pluck cobblers pegs from my clothes.

I looked the name up on the web and it says they are a herb from Europe. Well I don't know about you but I thought herbs were either aromotic and good to eat or had healing qualities. I don't think this pesky plant is either so I looked up what herb is.

Words to walk with:
Definitions of a herb found on the web
  • A plant or plant part valued for its medicinal, savory, or aromatic qualities
  • Flowering plant with no significant woody tissue above the ground, including both forbs and grasses
  • a plant lacking a permanent woody stem; many are flowering garden plants or potherbs; some having medicinal properties; some are pests [Yes that's the one!]

Comments

  1. Hi Joan,
    Lovely blog,nice to read.
    I live in the Blue Mountains as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment