Skip to main content

Walking again


What joy! What peace! Walking through the gum forest to visit my favourite waterfalls. There are few flowers at this time of year other than banksias. But the angaphora trees have shed their bark so looking warmly orange.

Words to walk with:
From The Gum Forest by Les Murray
"Delight to me, though, at water-smuggling creeks,
health to me, too, under banksia candles and combs.
...
I go my way, looking back sometimes, looking round me;
singed oils clear my mind, and the pouring sound high up."

Comments

  1. The texture and the debris are glorious Joan. And of course, the moss ... what I also like about this is that I can smell the decay on the forest floor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have awesome nature, forest pics! Fun to walk through nature through your photos! I'm new to CDP; I started EAGAN daily photo. Greetings from Minnesota, USA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment