Skip to main content

Scary ride

The name Scenic Railway suggests to me, and most people I know, a gentle steam train ride through pretty rainforest. It comes as a shock to the unwary to find it hurtles down an unbelievably steep incline – more like a roller coaster than something suited to your geriatric aunt. It does travel through some rainforest but most people are too busy gasping and gaping towards the light at the end of the tunnel to care.

Photo: From Scenic Railway, Katoomba

However, gentle steam trains do have a big part to play in Blue Mountains history as do the fast electric trains on our life today. I will start the story of the passenger railway tomorrow.

Comments

  1. I love this photo! Beautiful! I wonder if I'd like that part of the ride, though :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment