Skip to main content

Next steps


After the smooth sandy path comes the steps. Down, down, down to the cool green place of falling waters below. Most of the steps are pretty rough and ready so I pick my way down them carefully, though I am amazed to sometimes see men jogging these tracks.

Words to Walk With:
The Serinity Prayer attributed to theologian Reinhold Niebuhr has been adopted by Alchoholics Anonymous and other 12 step programs but a good one for us all.
"God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference."

Comments

  1. Great shot! Love those kind of natural stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The steps look to be very old. Almost like the first man on earth put them there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be very careful on those steps but very glad to be ascending or desending them in that setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The twelve steps ... God grant me ... serenity, courage, wisdom ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment