Skip to main content

Ferny place


Along the road we came across this ferny place. I used to tell my little nieces that when they walked through a ferny dell they became fairies until midday. We had wonderful fairy times together. Why the noon rule? To give their aunty a rest!

I loved fairies as a little girl who learnt the words below in my elocution lessons. This short piece seemed soooo long when I was seven.

Words to walk with:
From Peter and Wendy by J.M Barrie
"A moment after the fairy’s entrance the window was blown open by the breathing of the little stars, and Peter dropped in. He had carried Tinker Bell part of the way, and his hand was still messy with the fairy dust.
“Tinker Bell,” he called softly, after making sure that the children were asleep, “Tink, where are you?” She was in a jug for the moment, and liking it extremely; she had never been in a jug before.
“Oh, do come out of that jug, and tell me, do you know where they put my shadow?”
The loveliest tinkle as of golden bells answered him. It is the fairy language. "


Comments

  1. I love ferns, some look so 'jurassic'! :-)
    Thank you for the nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely sweet post. W have Mnax fairies who even have their own bridge. You must wave and say hello when you pass to avoid bad luck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment