Skip to main content

Fret not


The next run of photos were taken on a Sunday drive along Shipley Plateau out from Blackheath. The shots aren't too good but with limited time to get out and about I have to go with what I get.

It is tiresome and tiring driving 100kms (60 miles) each way to work each day but I am trying not to fret and instead enjoy the hours of peaceful contemplation it gives to me.

Words to walk (and drive) with:
Nuns fret not at their convent's narrow room by William Wordsworth
"Nuns fret not at their convent's narrow room;
And hermits are contented with their cells;
And students with their pensive citadels;
Maids at the wheel, the weaver at his loom,
Sit blithe and happy; bees that soar for bloom,
High as the highest Peak of Furness-fells,
Will murmur by the hour in foxglove bells:
In truth the prison, unto which we doom
Ourselves, no prison is: and hence for me,
In sundry moods, 'twas pastime to be bound
Within the Sonnet's scanty plot of ground;
Pleased if some Souls (for such there needs must be)
Who have felt the weight of too much liberty,
Should find brief solace there, as I have found."

Comments

  1. The good thing about a drive of that duration is all the things on Radio National that you could download and listen to! But it would challenge me regardless.

    Your blog reminds me that I do not get to the Blue Mountains anything like often enough. I am just doing my subscription to The Song Company for 2009 and instead of seeing them always in Sydney, we are going to see them in Bowral, Blackheath, Orange and Bathurst instead and make a weekend of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your photo it nicely shows the landscape you enjoy daily,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I imagine you must be listening to some good books on tape/CD whilst driving? At least I hope so. I would love to see the terrain you drive through each day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PJ, I used to borrow books on CD from the library but was dreadful at returning them so gave up. These days I mostly listen to Radio National or enjoy the silence.

    Thanks for the challenge to show you my daily journey. I will be a challenge because it is mostly a freeway. Wait for a few weeks and see what I can make of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment