Skip to main content

Wild flowers



Being spring, I have written a lot about wild flowers recently. I think this and yesterday's image put them in perspective. They are not in great swathes or an abundant show but more like a spinkle of little flowers on the sandy soil. In this picture you can see white smoke bush, pink kunzea and blue dampiera, each one beautiful in their detail (click on the links to see them close up).

Words to walk with:
From Auguries of Innocence by William Blake
"To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."

Comments

  1. I've recently embarked on a discovery of wildflowers around where I live in Switzerland and I've enjoyed it immensely. Such wonders all around!

    Thank you for taking the time to comment on my Villigen blog. See you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thoughts, JE. I long for wildflowers, it seems like more and more disappear each year from the roadsides.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment