Skip to main content

A Postcard from the Blue Mountains

Govetts Leap, Blue Mountains, Australia

Dear Friends,

How time has flown. It's a whole month since I wrote last.  I have been going away most weekends leaving me with little time. To make up for my tardiness, I went to Govetts Leap this weekend especially for you and picked up a postcard so you can see the magnificent view. It was quite disturbing to see the evidence of the big trees blown over during a recent high winds.  I'm glad my house wasn't in the path of that storm.

Love Joan.

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants for City Daily Photo Theme Day - Postcard-worthy

Comments

  1. How come every time it is foggy. Spectacular landscape Joan. Enjoy the month of August. Hope it is not too windy in the BMs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be there too to some hiking and taking pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is gorge(ous) isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. breathtaking and i like your postcard note!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wild look of this scenery. Absolutely gorgeous! Great entry on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ab Fab shot Joan, yes I saw some of the tree damage, whole trees and roots down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha Mark. I did think of showing a fog shrouded view because that IS was people often see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous view, I remember the BMs fondly ! Perfect shot for a postcard - with the Three sisters taking precedence of course :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How glorious.
    Wouldn't it be wonderful to be a bird and fly over those mountains?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photo. It draws you right in.

    I hope the weekends away are for leisure. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been a few years since I've seen that view! Thanks Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply beautifully captured shot...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WoW! that was so breathtaking.. love the pic.=D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful view. I like the feeling of depth you have captured in this photo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment