Skip to main content

Blowin' out the candle


Should we fight to keep all our heritage? Take this object for example -- a remnant of an obsession back in the 20s and 30s for gracing gardens with cement objects. I have shown one of these before.

I don't know what this sculpture represents but it reminds me of the Amnesty International candle.

Words to walk with:
From Blowin' in the Wind by Bob Dylan
"How many years can a mountain exist
Before it's washed to the sea?
Yes, 'n' how many years can some people exist
Before they're allowed to be free?
Yes, 'n' how many times can a man turn his head,
Pretending he just doesn't see?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,
The answer is blowin' in the wind."

Comments

  1. I think my answer to your question would have to be a "No, definitely not!" I never did like cement sculptures…

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a homage to the stick-nest rat, and should be kept for eternity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not familiar with these cement sculptures so I can't comment, though they don't look too obnoxious to me!
    I am enjoying your blog though. I especially like you 'words' feature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That 's an interesting sculpture. And yes I think we should fight for our heritage.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment