Skip to main content

Indigo

On Mount Hay road I noted some shrubs covered in purple flowers offset against yellow pea flowers (I am a bit over them).

I was keen to stop and take a photograph on my way home because at Jenolan Caves the previous week there had been many shrubs covered with a myriad of tiny purple pea flowers and I was annoyed at having ruined the photograph with camera shake. I thought I would get a shot of the same thing here. Well it turned out to be totally different, very pretty and not a pea flower at all.


Photo: Matchheads (Compesperma ericinum), Mount Hay Road

Incidentally, the flower I missed out on at Jenolan Caves was Australian Indigo (Indigofera australis). So I thought I would use the indigo instead or purple yet again for my title today. I don't think I would know the colour indigo but for it being one of the colours of the rainbow. It is between violet and blue.

Words to walk with:
From the Holy Bible, Genesis 9:13-15, New International Version
"I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life."

Comments