Skip to main content

1970s

While other plants have been in hibernation the daisies have spread their cheer all throughout the winter. The colour scheme in today's photo seems very 1970s to me.

Photo: Daisies in my garden (not a native plant)

In case you haven't noticed 1970s design is very big again right now. Back then the song Daisy Daisy was a perrenial favourite with the old folk in their sing-a-longs -- I thought sooo embarassingly silly -- but who would have predicted the popularity of karaoke, spawned in the 1970s.

Words to walk with:
From Daisy Bell by Harry Dacre written in 1892.
"Daisy, Daisy
Give me your answer do
I'm half crazy all for the love of you
It won't be a stylish marriage
I can't afford a carriage
But you look sweet
Upon a seat
Of a bicycle built for two"

Comments