Skip to main content

Begonias

Photos: Begonias, my garden (not a native plant)

This Autumn I decided to enjoy the begonias in my own garden rather than looking with envy at the camillias over the neighbour's fence.

It's interesting that I had decided to do this post today, which I planned a week ago. I notice that my friend at bitingmidge has chosen begonias for his Mother's Day post ... a shot I am sure was taken here. I love that fact that in this climate tuberous begonias can actually grow out in the garden, not just being mollycoddled in pots. I plant the tubers from last years pots out in the garden bed shaded by a tree and hey presto they give me joy again the next year.

Words to walk with:
From Proverbs 14:29-31 the Holy Bible New International Version.
A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.

Comments