Skip to main content

Walking in the light (500th post)


This is my 500th post in Blue Mountains Journal!

I began in early 2007 when I was retrenched so for some months had the luxury of time to go walking daily. It kindled a passion through which I've discovered so much -- about the mountains, about the native plants and birds, about poetry, about photography, about light -- as I have walked and been blessed.

I no longer write here everyday because I split my time with Sweet Wayfaring, a journal of journeys beyond the mountains. A new adventure begins over there today. I'll be back here with a new walk in a couple of weeks time.

Words to walk with:
From the Holy Bible Psalm 89:15 (New International Version)
Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you,
who walk in the light of your presence, O LORD.

Comments

  1. Well done! It is quite an achievement knowing the way you do your posts together with poetry and all.

    As you know, I am a rusted on devotee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could send you a cupcake - or something. To think you've made500 posts here plus what you do on the other blogs...Take a bow, JE.(((((♥)))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went back and looked to see when I first started visiting with you and it was in early October of last year. It was the orange papers post that drew me, I saw it on the portal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 500th post and thanks for providing us with some beautiful images of your part of the world. It just proves that it not just koala bears and kangaroos;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A slightly belated congrats! Julie said it before me: it's especially an achievement considering the amount you put into it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment