Skip to main content

Theme Day: Statues

Limestone formation, Imperial Cave, Jenolan Caves

According to wordnetweb a statue is a a sculpture representing a person or animal. Now I know this isn't a person or animal but pay a visit to Jenolan Caves and you'd be amazed at the fanciful creatures the guides see in the stalagmites and stalactites. And it's a great lead into our next Blue Mountains adventure which is to Jenolan Caves.

Today city daily photographers are interpreting the theme Statues. Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

Comments

  1. A clever interpretation of the theme. And that's a very impressive stalagmite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative choice...and just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting view on this theme and a beautiful 'sculpture'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo ... goodie ... Jenolan Caves ... I have not been there in person for yonks!

    I am so glad that you chose a stalagmite as your statue and gave that definiton. I had intended to use a rock memorial for my Theme Day post but chickened out because I worried that it was not a statue. I will run with it tomorrow as the last of my 'statue'series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good take on theme day. My sister and I just went in a cave a few days ago.

    My blog is here Barb's Blog Hope you can take a look. Happy theme day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very intriguing image. great choice for theme day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever indeed! I'm always fascinated at statalagmites and stalactites and this one is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beautifully formed stalagmite. It does look like a statue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so hard to take good photos in those caves, so well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment