Skip to main content

Doorway


The most famous doorway in the Blue Mountains is this one in the Everglades gardens. It was originally the entrance to the London Chartered Bank of Australia and was moved stone by stone and reassembled in this beautiful garden where it forms the frame for a fountain.

In the words of their website "Everglades is one of Australia’s foremost heritage gardens. This treasure from the 1930s sits in twelve and a half acres of European-style gardens and native Australian bush with breathtaking views over the Jamison Valley in the World Heritage listed Blue Mountains."

I'll be back to show you more of this famous garden in a week or so after I finish the train trip to Dubbo which is currently running over at Sweet Wayfaring.

"Doorways" is this months theme day for the City Daily Photo community. Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

Comments

  1. Good one. and good choice for today! I like your supersaturated images and thanks for your visit! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo. I've been to the Blue Mountains a few times, but didn't get to see these gardens. Next time I'm up in NSW, I'll definitely have a look at them.
    Cheers.
    Melbourne Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful door in a beautiful garden. It looks spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting history to this door. I love that you have given us a long shot. Works so well. Beautiful. I so love the Blue Mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great setting for this doorway. great narrative to tell the history and now it will be utilized regularly. I have heard wonderful things about the Blue Mountains and hope to travel there one day. I have signed up as a follower on your post and look forward to more great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely garden, Joan. I do not know the Everglades at all and look forward to the tour after Dubbo.

    I gather from the chairs that they hold functions in the garden. Can think of nothing sweeter than a string quartet playing in this surroundings.

    Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a green, lush, gorgeous setting for that doorway! Wonderful theme day post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pleasantly symmetrical composition,

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure sorry I missed this. I guess I'm still not up to speed. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paula, it's my fault for jumping all over the place with my blogs. I want to rationalise somehow next year but can't figure out what to do ... I enjoy the different facets offered by all 3 of em.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have missed this one! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment