Skip to main content

Autumn shadows


The afternoon sun shining through the canopy of a maple casting leafy shadows.

I have been away in Sydney all week where there is no real autumn colour so you can imagine my delight to get back home today. I had the camera out in an instant. This one shot fits today's theme day which I forgot about. Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

Words to walk with:
From Aurora Prone by Les Murray
"Everything widens with distance, in this perspective.
The dog's paws, trotting, rotate his end of infinity
and dam water feels a shiver few willow drapes share.
Bright leaks through their wigwam re-purple the skinny beans
then rapidly the light tops treetops and is shortened
into a day. Everywhere stands pat beside its shadow
for the great bald radiance never seen in dreams."

Comments

  1. Lovely photo of this impressive leaves in southern autoum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular colour, Joan. I did not realise that you would experience such a change of colour over a few short days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't visited for ages sorry (nor blogged I'm afraid) and I must say it has been well worth stopping by tonight. The colours are brilliant. I miss them in Sydney too

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo is just great, I love it, it's so hard to get this kind of definiton with one color. Also, I Googled this poem and it is just as amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning color! Such a beautiful photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a seriously chewy shade or red!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colour! Especially when surrounded by posts of subtle blues and greens of the mountains. They set each other off well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment